Leadership Studies seeks Student Ambassadors to work alongside our program during the 2021-22 academic school year. This is a paid position with varying and flexible hours. Leadership Studies hopes to find one student from each college who can act as an ambassador to your peers. Students will work together on some events and activities, but will also be responsible for delegating and taking on responsibilities by themselves.
- You must be enrolled as either a Leadership Studies minor or certificate.
- You enjoy connecting with others and sharing experiences.
- Strong communication and organization skills are required for this position.
- Ability to work in teams and individually.
- Arrange and oversee social community-building activities. (e.g., plan and attend Sunday brunches for Leadership Studies students and friends, attend ISU lectures, attend leadership conferences, connect with student organizations)
- Create and lead peer networking and support opportunities. (e.g., organize study groups, plan volunteer opportunities, attend professional development events)
- Provide a student perspective to Leadership Studies faculty and staff regarding courses, other learning opportunities, and outreach ideas.
How to apply
If you are interested in a position, submit your resume and cover letter to Dr. Monic Behnken (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 12:00 PM on April 4, 2021. Your resume should highlight relevant work and related experience. Your cover letter should include skills and ideas you can bring to the position. Make sure to indicate your major(s) and college on your resume. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and all levels of leadership experience to apply.
Have questions? Contact any Leadership Studies faculty member!