All Articles

Congratulations to 2020 Leadership Studies graduate, Riley Schwienebart!

Author: Troy Rutter | Image: Troy Rutter

Riley Schwienebart will receive a Leadership Studies Certificate and degrees in Communication Studies and Public Relations from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Riley!

What are your career plans after graduation?

I plan to pursue a career in the public relations or communication field.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)? 

I hope to live life always experiencing new things and making the world a better place.

What was your favorite Leadership Studies class? And why?

My favorite Leadership Studies class was Communication Studies 313 which focused on leadership theories. This was my favorite class because I enjoy learning about theory and how to apply theories to real life situations.

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

Leadership Studies has helped me feel better prepared for entering the workplace after graduation.

What activities, clubs, groups were you a member of at ISU?

I was involved in 88.5 Kure – Ames Alternative.

After your time in the program, what is your definition of leadership?

My definition of leadership is serving as a guide people look up to and using positive influence to help others reach their full potential.

What is your favorite memory from being at ISU? 

My favorite memory from my time at ISU is walking across our beautiful campus to class every day.

What would you say to someone considering a Leadership Studies minor or certificate?

The leadership program sets the foundation of leadership skills you will use and build upon for the rest of your life. Employers I have interviewed with are impressed with the Leadership Certificate and almost always ask about it.