Congratulations to 2020 Leadership Studies graduate, Kathryn Paszkiewicz!

Kathryn Paszkiewicz will receive a Leadership Studies Minor and a degree in Aerospace Engineering from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Kathryn!

What are your career plans after graduation?

Post-graduation I will be working full time at Epic Systems in Madison, WI.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)? 

I am so excited to go out and explore the world! My job involved traveling and I plan to take full advantage of the new places I will visit and build relationships with the people I meet at work and in the community.

What was your favorite Leadership Studies class? And why?

My favorite Leadership Studies class was LD ST 333: Women in Leadership. It was powerful to sit in a room of women and men and have discussions about how we can better our community and the whole support system of civil rights movements. I learned more than I thought I would, if I am honest, and I am so grateful I experienced that class before graduation.

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

I think I have grown as a leader in ways I did not expect when first beginning my Leadership Studies education. My classwork in conjunction with various leadership positions I have held on campus helped me utilize new skills that only bettered myself and those around me. I had my eyes opened to the diversity involved in leadership- everything from diversity of race and gender to diversity of thought and practice. I am proud to have supplemented my education and involvement in student organizations with the LD ST program.

After your time in the program, what is your definition of leadership?

I was President of Engineering Student Council (2019-2020); leader in Engineers’ Week (2016-2020) and President of E-Week (2018-2019); team member of the Collegiate Wind Competition team that placed 5th overall at our national competition (built a microscale wind turbine).

What activities, clubs, groups were you a member of at ISU?

My favorite memory from my time at ISU is the Iowa-Iowa State men’s basketball game my sophomore year (December 2017). The student sections were so alive and had the best energy. It was the first time that I really felt like a Cyclone.

What is your favorite memory from being at ISU? 

My favorite memories at ISU include my time as a student leader for Student Wellness. Leading and supporting my peers in their journey to improving their wellbeing while at ISU has been an opportunity that has taught me more than I could have ever imagined!

Do you have any other memories or thoughts about Leadership Studies that you would like to share?

I am so thankful to this program! 

What would you say to someone considering a Leadership Studies minor or certificate?

If you have room in your schedule, do it!