All Articles

Congratulations to 2020 Leadership Studies graduate, Jill Parrent!

Author: Troy Rutter | Image: Troy Rutter

Jill Parrent will receive a Leadership Studies Minor and a degree in Agricultural and Life Sciences Education – Communications Option with a minor in Food and Society from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Jill!

What are your career plans after graduation?

I am planning to begin a career in agricultural public relations, promoting agriculture on many levels.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)? 

Travel more, bake, relax, and learn more about myself through the Enneagram.

What was your favorite Leadership Studies class? And why?

LDST 322, I was better able to learn about myself and others. It was one of the classes I took that made me remember why I chose the Leadership Studies minor.

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

I have learned more about myself and others.  It makes me think about why I do and say things the ways that I do.  I also believe that it makes you a better leader that can work with diverse groups, individuals and larger numbers. I am a more successful leader because of this program.

What activities, clubs, groups were you a member of at ISU?

I participated in CALS Ambassadors, Cardinal Key Honor Society, Sigma Alpha Sorority, and ACT Club.

After your time in the program, what is your definition of leadership?

Leadership is learned to be reflected in what we do each and every day, from groups to individuals it can be implemented no matter the circumstance.

What is your favorite memory from being at ISU? 

Each day walking near the campanile at noon hearing and recognizing the song being played.

Do you have any other memories or thoughts about Leadership Studies that you would like to share? 

Thanks for everything!  These were my fun classes to take!

What would you say to someone considering a Leadership Studies minor or certificate?

Why wouldn’t you?  It can only help!