All Articles

Congratulations to 2020 Leadership Studies graduate, Megan Eischeid!

Author: Troy Rutter | Image: Troy Rutter

Megan Eischeid will receive a Leadership Studies Certificate and a degree Psychology from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Megan!

What are your career plans after graduation?

I will be attending Loras College and pursuing my Master’s degree in School Counseling.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)? 

Long term, I hope to travel outside of the United States (probably Europe), train a service dog, learn a foreign language, and eventually, become a foster parent.

What was your favorite Leadership Studies class? And why?

My favorite leadership studies class was LDST 270. I loved having the opportunity to get hands on experience working with an organization. In addition, this course allowed me the opportunity to build community with a group of peers, and got me interested in leadership studies to begin with.

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

Leadership studies has allowed me to gain a greater understanding of leadership, something I had only glimpsed the surface of before beginning my leadership studies journey here at ISU. In addition, leadership studies allowed me to build relationships with new and interesting people and inspired me to continue my journey of self-growth, even as my journey at Iowa State comes to a close.

After your time in the program, what is your definition of leadership?

The active process of pursuing positive change.

What activities, clubs, groups were you a member of at ISU?

Students Helping Our Peers (SHOP)

What is your favorite memory from being at ISU? 

My favorite memory took place in the fall. It was late one night, and my friends and I decided it would be fun to jump in piles of leaves, so together, we combined the piles of leaves that had already been created. When we had put them all together, the pile was nearly as tall as we were. We then climbed in trees (not super tall ones) and jumped into the leave piles from the trees.

What would you say to someone considering a Leadership Studies minor or certificate?

I would encourage them to definitely go for it. This certificate provides opportunities for everyone to actively practice the skills that they are being taught, and opportunities to continue applying the concepts and skills will be ubiquitous, even after graduation.