All Articles

Congratulations to 2020 Leadership Studies graduate, Mady Bixby!

Author: Troy Rutter | Image: Troy Rutter

Mady Bixby will receive a Leadership Studies Minor and a degree in Biological Systems Engineering from Iowa State University. Mady was also a Vermeer Scholar in 2016. Congratulations, Mady!

What are your career plans after graduation?

Post-graduation I will be working in Research and Development as a Product Developed at Wells Blue Bunny.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)? 

Further goals I have post-graduation are to continue singing in a choir and travel to the Czech Republic.

What was your favorite Leadership Studies class? And why?

My favorite Leadership Studies class was LD ST 322, “Leadership Styles and Strategies in a Diverse Society”. This course was my favorite because it was the first class I has with my Vermeer 2016-17 cohort.

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

I feel more confident in knowing my leadership style and know how to better serve others with my abilities.

After your time in the program, what is your definition of leadership?

Leadership is working with others to achieve a common goal and helping them succeed along the way.  

What activities, clubs, groups were you a member of at ISU?

I participated in Society of Women Engineers, Cantamus Women’s Choir, WiSE, and Lighthouse Campus Fellowship.

What is your favorite memory from being at ISU? 

My favorite memories at ISU include Performing onstage at Carnegie Hall on Easter 2018 and at the National American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) Convention in 2017 with Cantamus.

Do you have any other memories or thoughts about Leadership Studies that you would like to share?

Do it- it’s a great way to learn more about your personal leadership style and how it can benefit you.