In a unique partnership with the Vermeer Corporation, the Leadership Studies Program offers a year-long, in-depth leadership experience focused on the fields of engineering, business and agriculture.
Participants take courses and travel together as a cohort while they study leadership in multi-national companies. Interacting both with ISU faculty and Vermeer employees, students will learn to address global challenges, work in cross-cultural organizations and develop their own leadership potential while continuing their plan of study in the fall and spring semesters.
Like us on Facebook for updates and upcoming events.
During the immersive experience, students:
- Take courses in leadership focused on society and global impact
- Travel to Vermeer Corporation manufacturing facilities, including Pella, Iowa
- Interview industry leaders
- Gain mentorship in leadership development
- Attend a leadership retreat
- Take various assessments to learn more about yourself and your leadership style
- Earn a $2,000 scholarship
On the annual international trip during winter or spring break (flight, lodging and some meals provided), students:
- Tour an international Vermeer manufacturing facility
- Interact with employees of the international Vermeer Corporation
- Tour selected cities
- Visit with non-governmental organization leaders
- Experience the traditional tourist attractions of the host country
The program is designed for students with an interest in engineering, business or agriculture. All full-time undergraduate students at Iowa State University are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to students with at least two academic years remaining in their plan of study.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.