Congratulations to Leadership Studies Certificate Graduate, Nick La Rosa!

Nick La Rosa will receive a Leadership Studies Certificate and a degree in Civil Engineering from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Nick!

What are your career plans after graduation?

Civil engineering and surveying. I am interested in management positions and my leadership certificate creates opportunities to talk about how I can be a leader.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)?

My career goal is to obtain dual professional licenses in engineering and surveying. My self-improvement goal is to be a role model for my future family to look up to.

What was your favorite Leadership Studies class? Why?

322 helped me explore who I am and what kind of leadership style I use. 422 help me learn and practice group dynamics.

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

My career works in teams every day to design projects. As an engineer, I am appointed the led and I know I can use leadership theories and group dynamics to help my team succeed.

What activities, clubs, or groups were you a member of at ISU?

American Society of Engineers (ASCE) and ISU Weight Club.

What awards, recognition, accomplishments, or scholarships did you receive while attending Iowa State University?

This winter I passed my Fundamentals of Surveying exam for the board of Iowa and received my Land Surveyor In-Training certificate (LSI).

What would you say to someone considering a Leadership Studies minor or certificate?

Leadership studies make you valuable in any career. Companies seek leaders and the opportunities are endless when you use your leadership skills. You become an asset to the company. I have been asked in every interview to elaborate on what leadership is to me and what I have learned at ISU. Needless to say, I have had 5 internships and at one point I had 4 offers at once.