Congratulations to Leadership Studies Certificate Graduate, Jessie Mahoney!

Jessie Mahoney will receive a Leadership Studies Certificate, a Public Relations Major and a degree in Communication Studies from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Jessie!

What are your career plans after graduation?

I hope to be working in the Communications or Public Relations industry after completion of my internship for the summer.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)?

The original plans after graduation were to go back to Europe for several months, I hope I am able to travel more soon in the near future.

What was your favorite Leadership Studies class? Why?

LD ST 270, allowed us to use our leadership practices outside of the class room MGMT 371, loved the class and my professor (Jim Crox) he offered great insight on how to be a leader in the business world.

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

I have always been a born leader so it was helpful to learn why the way I am and be able to market this certificate.

After your time in the program, what is your definition of leadership?

someone who wants to make a change in the world and reach a common goal with others.

What activities, clubs, or groups were you a member of at ISU?

Member of Delta Delta Delta, STARS (Student Admissions Rep), Sorority and Fraternity Community Ambassador.

What awards, recognition, accomplishments, or scholarships did you receive while attending Iowa State University?

Deans List: Fall 2017, Spring 2019, Spring 2020, Fall 2020.

What would you say to someone considering a Leadership Studies minor or certificate?

It fits in well with most schedules, its an interesting topic of conversation with employers! I only had to take 1 other class that wasn’t already a part of my other major/minor.