Congratulations to Leadership Studies Certificate Graduate, Cadi Chiovaro!

Cadi Chiovaro will receive a Leadership Studies Certificate, an International Business Certificate and a degree in Supply Chain Management from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Cadi!

What are your career plans after graduation?

I am moving to the Cedar Rapids area to work for CRST as a Fleet Manager of truck transportation.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)?

I plan to work hard within my first years of full-time work to be promoted and I am excited to live on my own in a new city and work on myself and grow into an independent woman.

What was your favorite Leadership Studies class? Why?

LD ST 422 Capstone because I was able to practice leadership in a diverse group and be challenged to step out of my comfort zone.

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

I have learned about topics regarding racism and prejudices that I never thought about before and I have challenged myself to educate myself more outside of the classroom and have tough conversations with my family and friends.

What activities, clubs, or groups were you a member of at ISU?

Alpha Delta Pi Sorority (two leadership positions), The Blood Drive at Iowa State (exec member for 4 semesters), Supply Chain Management Club.

What awards, recognition, accomplishments, or scholarships did you receive while attending Iowa State University?

Academic Recognition Award.

What would you say to someone considering a Leadership Studies minor or certificate?

I would say that they should consider pushing themselves outside of their comfort zone to learn more and speak publicly in ways they never have before.