Congratulations to Leadership Studies Certificate Graduate, Ashley Mastronuzzi!

Ashley Mastronuzzi will receive a Leadership Studies Certificate and a Child, Adult, and Family Services Minor and a degree in Psychology from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Ashley!

What are your career plans after graduation?

Working in the education field.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)?

Self-improvement, exploring new city, spend time getting back into my hobbies (crochet and aerial silks)

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

It has helped me be more comfortable calling out inappropriate behaviors and even recognizing them as rooted in sexism, racism, etc. I used to not be as aware of these dynamics and how they were affecting me as a bisexual woman until I took these classes.

After your time in the program, what is your definition of leadership?

Motivating people to act towards positive change.

What activities, clubs, or groups were you a member of at ISU?

Student Health and wellness center, hall council, ACYC.

What awards, recognition, accomplishments, or scholarships did you receive while attending Iowa State University?

Dean’s list and the Transfer Student Award.

What would you say to someone considering a Leadership Studies minor or certificate?

It helps you learn a lot about yourself and your impact on the world, which makes it easier to navigate the system and not let institutionalized oppression go unnoticed.