Congratulations to Leadership Studies Certificate Graduate, Ana Elliott!

Ana Elliott will receive a Leadership Studies Certificate, a Spanish Minor and a degree in Communication Studies from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Ana!

What are your career plans after graduation?

I plan to attend the University of Iowa to get an M.A. in School Counseling!

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)?

This summer I plan to get outdoors and hope to travel some.

What was your favorite Leadership Studies class? Why?

LD ST 270.

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

I was able to learn a lot about the world around me and find myself thinking about the concepts learned in class quite often.

After your time in the program, what is your definition of leadership?

A leader is someone who treats others as they wish to be treated, is able to listen, goes the extra mile, and is passionate about the task at hand.

What activities, clubs, or groups were you a member of at ISU?

I was a member of the Vermeer International Leadership Program, was a peer mentor for LD ST 270 and COMST 104, and was a part of the Women’s Rugby Club.

What awards, recognition, accomplishments, or scholarships did you receive while attending Iowa State University?

Academic Recognition Award (2017-Present), College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean’s List (Beginning Fall 2017-Present), I.S.U. Grant (2018-Present), ISU School for Student Achievement (2019-2020), LAS Excellence Scholarship (2018-Present), Most Improved Forward (Fall 2018) – Iowa State Women’s Rugby Club, Most Valuable Forward (Fall 2019) – Iowa State Women’s Rugby Club, Most Valuable Rookie Forward (Fall 2017) – Iowa State Women’s Rugby Club, Nice Award (2017-Present), Vermeer International Leadership Scholarship (2018-2019)

What would you say to someone considering a Leadership Studies minor or certificate?

Go for it! Leadership is something that all employers look for. Plus, you will learn a lot about yourself and your personal leadership style along the way.