All Articles

Congratulations to 2020 Leadership Studies graduate, Kirsten Voel-Pel!

Author: Troy Rutter | Image: Troy Rutter

Kirsten Voel-Pel will receive a Leadership Studies Certificate and a degree in Communication Studies with a minor in Spanish from Iowa State University. Congratulations, Kirsten!

What are your career plans after graduation?

Post-graduation I will be pursuing a career as a communications specialist for a high school district in the Chicagoland area.

What other goals do you have for your life after graduation (hobbies, travel, self-improvement, etc.)? 

Further goals I have post-graduation are to buy a new car!

How do you feel Leadership Studies has made an impact on you?

Leadership studies has taught me a lot about my personal leadership style. More importantly it’s made a huge impact on how I act and treat people in a large working group.

After your time in the program, what is your definition of leadership?

Leadership is the ability to convey a goal and plan to a group of people who have trust and believe in the process.

What activities, clubs, groups were you a member of at ISU?

I was a member in Gamma Phi Beta.

What is your favorite memory from being at ISU? 

My favorite memory happened in Spring 2017. I had just finished a trimester abroad when I got back to Ames to see all my favorite people. Some of my sorority sisters had this amazing idea to throw a Greek Week pool gathering on the front lawn. So, we bought kiddie pools & a slide n slide. We invited over our pairing, threw on our bathing suits and finally got out on GPHI Beach.